The wonderful This Mum’s Life has nominated me for this award (haha that sounds like I’ve done something to deserve the nomination and I might win something. Neither of which are true, sadly), which means I answer her 10 questions and then pose 10 of my own questions to 10 other bloggers. It’s a great way to find other interesting blogs plus the 14 year old in me loves this sort of self indulgent quizzy stuff!
This Mum’s Life really is worth checking out and I especially recommend this hilarious post about those ‘perfect’ crunchy mums we’ve all come across at those god awful baby groups.
The Rules of this award are:
1. Thank the blogger who gave you the award and link back to their blog
2. Answer the 10 questions given to you
3. Nominate a further 10 bloggers for the award
4. Write 10 questions for those nominees to answer
5. Display the award on your blog, or post
So here are the questions I’ve been asked and my answers…
1. What is your biggest blogging highlight so far?
I haven’t been blogging long but I’ve found some pretty brilliant blogs and virtually met some like minded people since I started blogging, but the highlight has to be the response I got from the post about my baby’s heart condition and the tumultuous journey during his first 6 weeks of life. The well wishes from and kindness of strangers has been truly overwhelming.
2. What is your favourite city in the world?
3. What are your top 3 tv series of all time?
When I was younger tv series’ seemed to have more of an impact on me than they do now, so I’m going to pick the 3 I remember the most about:
Pugwall’s Summer. What an amazing programme with an amazing theme tune! Remember?! If not, have a listen here and reminisce about how great early 90’s kids tv was!
My So-Called Life I absolutely LOVED this programme and full on fell in love with Jared Leto. It was full of teen angst and gritty issues like homophobia and teen alcoholism. In fact I’m going to check Netflix to see if it’s on there because I fancy watching it al again!
The Mindy Project
This got me through my second pregnancy when my SPD was horrendous and I felt constantly nauseous for the first 6 months. It was on E4 everyday at my oldest’s nap time so instead of tidying up I used to have a cuppa and indulge in some light-hearted American rom-com sit-com cheese.
4. What did you want to be when you were growing up?
Initially I wanted to be a hairdresser (I still think I’d be good at that) but then when it became clearer that I was academic I wanted to be a Solicitor. I did become a Solicitor and it wasn’t all Alley McBeal and Silk, let me tell you.
5. If you could go back to being a certain age in your life, what would it be?
21. Without a doubt. It was a great year. I was at uni in Leeds studying for a degree in Classics, I had loads of free time, a great social life and brilliant house mates. Life was pretty peachy. I had all the freedom of an adult but didn’t yet have many of the responsibilities. Plus I was thin!
6. Who is your favourite comedian?
This was probably the easiest question for me to answer and the answer is, Russell Brand. I find him hilarious and I love his politics. I know some people think he’s cocky but that’s just his style. He makes me pee my pants! And he’s very handsome.
7. What was the last thing you saw at the cinema?
I can’t actually remember! I haven’t been to the cinema since 2012! I don’t really miss it either, I never really enjoyed sitting still for that long 😂. Occasionally I’ll see a film advertised that I fancy seeing but it usually comes out on DVD or Sky Box Office before I get my act together to go to the cinema to see it.
8. What has been the most romantic moment in your life so far?
Err… these have been few and far between to be honest. My husband is about as romantic as a plank of wood. On our first Christmas as a married couple he totally surprised me with diamond earrings and a designer handbag that he’d had hidden in the loft. That was pretty romantic I suppose.
9. If you were to blog about another subject, what would it be?
I don’t really have a theme to my blog, it’s just my random mumblings really. If I had the inclination to blog more seriously with the aim of getting loads of readers the only things I really know about are make up and false eyelashes!
10. Snog, marry, avoid: Mr. Bloom, Andy Day, Ben Cajee?
Good grief, what a question! In case you don’t know, these three are CBeebies presenters and all look about 17 (with the exception of Mr. Bloom perhaps, who is now on Hollyoaks btw. Weird.)
All I can say is that if I came into contact with any of them I’d be too busy concentrating on not punching them in the nose for being as irritating as thrush, to do any snogging or marrying!
Phew. Ok, so my questions are:
1. What made you decide to start blogging?
2. What would you choose for your last supper?
3. If you could have dinner with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be?
4. Where is your favourite place that you have been and what’s so special about it?
5. How did you come up with the name for your blog?
6. What is your favourite book ever?
7. What’s your most embarrassing guilty pleasure?
8. Who would play you in the movie of your life?
9. What would your super power be?
10. What is your proudest achievement?
The bloggers I’d like to nominate are:
If it’s not your bag please don’t feel pressured into taking part. I know this is some people’s idea of tedious hell! But I look forward to reading the answers of those who fancy it.
Thanks for reading! 😊